Sound of Music tour
First released in 1965 'The Sound Of Music' is still one of
the most successful movies ever made. Everybody knows it, most of us love it.
Let us take you to the original venues of filming and listen to the background
stories about the shooting and the real Von Trapp Family.
This tour includes:
- a short City Tour emphasizing The Sound Of Music
- a stop at the magnificent Palace of Leopoldskron - one of two mansions
used as the Von Trapp Home and the place where the children famously fell into the lake
- a stop at the premises of Hellbrunn Palace including a visit to the Gazebo
- a drive through picturesque countryside as we make our way to the Salzkammergut/Lake District
- an optional run down a toboggan chute
- an optional coffee or shopping stop at the traditional village of St. Gilgen
- a visit to the parish church of Mondsee - walk the aisle of the Sound Of Music Wedding Church
Duration: approx. 4 hours
Departure: daily 9.00 am and 2.00 pm